This year your child will be evaluated for tryouts while training with our current teams. Our teams train Tuesday and Thursday in two-time slots 5:30 to 7:00 and 7:00 to 8:30 at River Island Sports Complex.
Check-in will start 30 minutes before the tryout time. Please head to our Central Valley Surf tent.
At this time, players are required to wear a mask during check-in and then will then be directed to their field space in which they can remove their mask for tryouts.
Parents are allowed to stay at the facility, however, they will not be allowed on the fields at any time.
Our coaching staff has been working tirelessly on the details to ensure the safest tryout environment.
A few things to note:
- All Surf Staff will wear masks throughout the tryout and will be health screened daily
- All Players and Staff are required to sanitize their hands before and after each session
- Players and staff must maintain social distance. No player to coach contact i.e. high fives etc.
- Please have the players prepared for practice before they enter the fields, sunscreen, use the restroom, tie their shoes, etc.
- If any players are feeling unwell, or have been in contact with any family or friends who may be experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please keep the player(s) home.
The tryouts will be run by Central Valley Surf coaches who will provide an enjoyable and exciting experience! We aim to make every player feel welcomed and relaxed and leave with a smile on their face. During the tryouts, our coaches will assess the players to best understand what development environment will best fit each individual for the 2021/22 season.
After tryouts, ALL players will receive a call from one of our coaches to discuss their development environment for the 2021/22 season.
Players will need to bring appropriate soccer uniforms (Cleats, socks, shin guards, comfortable soccer clothes and soccer ball). All other equipment will also be provided at the tryouts.